Monday, May 18, 2009

Coco and the "coco-ball"


Coco is a nut. This girl loves to play ball more than any other dog I think I have ever known. She will retrieve the ball until: (1) your arm falls off from throwing, or (2) she drops dead from exersion.

Today was hilarious! Kyle visited Coco with me today - I don't know which of us laughed harder. As soon as we went out the backdoor, she made a beeline for the yard - not to potty but to get a "coco-ball." To anyone else a "coco-ball" would be known as a gumball. She brought the "coco-ball" to the pool deck and placed it at my feet -- this is our normal routine. I usually kick the "coco-ball" around for her to chase -- and believe me when I say she is FAST!

Well, today the "coco-ball" went in the pool. She stood at the pool's edge and concentrated so intently. Then she looked at Kyle with an expression that said "why did she put my 'coco-ball' in the pool - she knows I don't like to get wet in that pool?" Finally she dunked her nose in the pool, came up with the "coco-ball," and placed it at my feet.

Well....I couldn't resist. I had to kick it back in the pool again. She did the same as before - stared at the "coco-ball" and then at Kyle. This went on for at least 10 minutes. Even after all the aggravation I put her through with that silly "coco-ball," she did not want to quit playing to go inside.

Another day - another "coco-ball" with Coco.

No comments: