I've been thinking about getting a puppy for several months now, but I've been so afraid of how Pepper would react. Since Gretchen's death she has become so possessive of me and such a 'jelly-nose.'
Today's visit with Jenny and Coco really made me rethink the idea. They had a special visitor today -- Gracie! She's an 8-month old black/red female mini Dachshund (my favorite color!). I wasn't concerned that Pepper would be aggressive toward Gracie; I thought she would totally ignore her. Boy! was I wrong. I haven't seen Pepper play so with another dog since Nestle was alive. She pestered poor Nestle 24/7 - Gracie gave it right back at her this afternoon. It was so much fun to watch. I took a video with my phone - it's not the greatest, but I wanted to document the occasion because I was certain Bob wouldn't believe me.
Gracie's mother has recently had another litter. The runt is a black/red female. Doesn't it just figure that this would happen - all of mine have been females and the runt. Currently she is only 2 1/2 weeks old (her eyes have just opened). So....I have a little time to rethink this entire situation. Hmmmmm.........




1 comment:
Are you going to do it? I haven't seen any updates here yet ...
Post a Comment